Rumanations Header Image

Rumanations Header Image

Thursday, March 26, 2015

The Tent

One of my favorite activities is a little strange. Back in the day, years and years ago, my boyfriend had a creek front house with about one and a half acres of land. This yard had a canopy like the rainforest and wild critters running all over the place. Owls would roost in the trees and just stare at me all night. Raccoon families were rampant and a little too friendly. It was a paradise; a place that made someone feel they were safe and free. It was great, not to mention the gargantuan fire pit. Hey, the nights get cool in August, too huh? Even in Florida.

Anyway, we would drag the pup tent two sleeper deep into the yard, careful to avoid the yellow jacket nests and monster banana spiders, and then spray the thing down with half a bottle of Febreeze because the damn thing always smelled like sweat and sex. Then we got a long extension cord, the spare television, a few horror DVD’s and copious amounts of adult beverages. Then came the pillows, blankets and a couple of cats.

Now, if it was raining or windy, it just made the experience that much better. I liked the creepy, isolated feeling. We even turned off all the lights in the house so it was pitch dark. I made this poor guy watch the scariest and bloodiest slasher flicks first. It never phased him. I think he was bored; I was giddy. After the first movie we kicked the cats out (they like to watch, you know…now that REALLY freaks me out.) Did our business, brought the cats back in and watched another flick, usually something like Dead Alive or Blair Witch 2: Book of Shadows. My imagination always ran wild, my adrenaline shot up and intoxication kicked in. By the middle of the last flick (which was always a ghost story) he was sound asleep and snoring.

And at that time, in the middle of the night, watching a movie, comfy and happy to be alive, was on the top of my “places to be list.” And sadly enough, I could have been sharing that old tent with anyone I like and trusted and it would be just as entertaining.

That is me…I like doing strange but fun things like that and having crazy adventures. If I have the money I will take off with buddies to other city’s, just for the night and hope I don’t wake up with a hangover in the drunk tank.

So yes, my activities are not considered usual or even normal, but they make me feel alive. Hell, we only go around this life once, might as well make it an escapade.

Copyright 2015, Brazen Brunhilda, All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers